Avocados used to be completely shunned by health food experts and fitness enthusiasts. They were working under the mistaken belief that anything with fat content would make you gain fatty weight. Avocados derive about 85% of all their caloric content from fat, and that made it an unacceptable food for those who were trying to watch their weight. We now know what an amazing food this is and that it does exactly the opposite of what we first believed.
Scientific breakthroughs in healthy eating and the way our body works have shown us that we need some fat in our diet and that not all kinds of fat are the same. The fat that avocados contain is actually very healthy for you.
Here are five reasons why health experts of today recommend eating avocados.
1. Avocados have healthy fats. Some high fat food is now known to promote weight loss. It simply has to be the right kind of healthy fat, and that’s exactly what avocados contain.
2. They boost your heart health. Any healthy diet should be one that is concerned with keeping your heart healthy. We understand now that the fatty content of avocados is actually very good for heart health.
3. They are a great source of nutrition. Avocados contain all sorts of minerals and vitamins, and these fight off disease in the body.
4. Avocados can prevent a variety of disorders and diseases. We are starting to see a lot of evidence that suggests that eating avocados can lower your risk for type 2 diabetes, disorders of the brain and eye and heart disease.
5. Avocados are filling. One of the best ways to lose weight is to not be hungry. Then you don’t have to contend with your cravings, and avocados can help you do just that. They are a very filling food, which means that after you eat them, you shouldn’t have such strong cravings, and that makes them excellent for assisting in weight loss. You can eat them between meals to keep yourself from chowing down on unhealthy snacks.
Hopefully, those are enough reasons to convince you to make them a regular part of your diet. If your unfamiliar with avocados, then just tasting them should change your mind about it being a food that isn’t worth your while. It combines with other foods as part of a meal in some amazing ways, and eating avocado slices with egg and bread can be filling, nutritious and delicious. We have included a guacamole recipe for you at the bottom of the page that can help you integrate avocados into your diet more effectively. It’s a healthy addition to any Mexican food night.
The avocado is part of a health food revolution, and more and more people are starting to realise just how beneficial it can be. It’s tasty and filling and a great addition to many meals. It’s time you started enjoying the benefits of avocados.
- What You’ll Need:
- A large avocado
- Two tablespoons of spring onions
- Two tablespoons of ranchero jalapeno sauce
- A handful of coriander
- Mash the avocado.
- Add in the coriander, spring onions and jalapeno sauce and mix well.
- Garnish with a bit of onions and coriander.
- Serve it with some corn chips.