Your breakfast you take during your morning commute can be a healthy one. We have a recipe here for a quinoa salad that only takes 10 minutes to make and will last up to five days in storage. Just place it into a mason jar or other airtight container, and you can enjoy it again and again throughout the week.
The recipe we will be using is free from dairy products and gluten, and it is packed with calcium, protein and the energy you need to keep going all day long. The best part is that it tastes delicious.
What You’ll Need:
- Half a cup of quinoa (which needs to be placed in water overnight to soak and then drained out)
- Three sliced figs
- Half of a diced avocado
- The juice from half of a lime
- Half a cup of chopped mint, packed tightly
- Half a cup of blueberries, fresh
- A few pomegranate seeds for garnish
- A quarter cup of chopped, activated walnut
- A quarter cup of chopped, activated almonds
- A handful of sunflower seeds
- A dash of olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Let the quinoa soak overnight, and then drain it out and rise it when you are ready to make the salad. Then, add the quinoa into mixture with the blueberries, mint, avocados, figs and pomegranate seeds. Stir it all together.
- Next, squeeze out the lime juice into a small jar and season with a dash of olive oil and salt and pepper. Seal that jar and shake it up to combine everything. Then pour that over the quinoa and mix it lightly.
- Add your nuts and sunflower seeds as a sprinkled topping. You can store your salad for up to five days in the fridge in a sealed container.