It’s common knowledge that eating right and getting enough nutrients is important for staying healthy and active, but a lot of people don’t think about the minerals they should be getting.
How Minerals Work
Rudolph Virchow was a prominent scientist in his day, and he found that the small cells that make up the human body are made up of a few different material classes. These are organic substances, inorganic substances and water. Most of the body is made up of organic matter (like sugar and fatty tissue) and water. The inorganic material, while not as plentiful, is used for reproducing cells.
The minerals help the body to stay in balance and to work the way it should. If there are not enough minerals in the diet, then not as many cells may be reproduced. This can cause illness and a variety of problems. Minerals do not function on their own, however. They have to work with the vitamins, fats, carbohydrates and proteins we consume to be able to do their job properly.
Why Our Mineral Consumption Is So Vital?
We consume a lot of convenient foods in these modern times, and many of these are processed and lack a lot of the minerals that our body needs. Even vegetables and fruits may not be as nutritious as they once were. Minerals come from the soil, which is very different from how vitamins are formed. So, when plants are cleaned, sprayed with chemicals and treated, they can lose their minerals. The pollution of the environment can hurt our food’s mineral content levels as well, and our lack of minerals is a health concern we should all be aware of.
How Do I Get More Minerals?
A German physicist and chemist- Dr. William H Schuessler- discovered what he called tissue salts back in the beginning of the 19th century. He found this in our very cells and he noted what kind of problems the body faced when it was deficient in any one of these tissue salts. He then devised a formula for the natural essence of each of these, which would allow people to get the minerals they need without overdosing.
Let’s look at the tissue salts he discovered and what kind of deficiency symptoms we can expect from each:
- Potassium Phosphate- feelings of tiredness, changes in mood, asthma, dizziness, bleeding gums, fatigue, anxiety
- Potassium Chloride- swollen glands, a grey tongue, mucus discharge from eyes or nose, occasional indigestions (usually from eating rich food)
- Potassium Sulphate- mucus that turns yellow, a variety of illnesses, coughing and congestion, a yellow tongue, crust forming on eyelids, indigestion, gassiness
- Calcium Phosphate- post-nasal drip, nausea, cold feet
- Calcium Sulphate- slowly healing sores, blisters, forehead pain, acne, vertigo
- Calcium Fluoride- cracking on the palms of hands and lips, poor enamel covering, haemorrhoids
- Sodium Chloride- dryness in body cavities, thin mucus, itchiness on the back of the neck, cold symptoms
- Sodium Sulphate- symptoms of bile, green stool, scalp sensitivity, green or grey-coated tongue, influenza
- Sodium Phosphate- morning sickness, acid reflux, teeth grinding, eyelids crusted over during the night, headache
- Magnesium Phosphate- cramps, muscle spasms, trembling, hiccups, sensitive teeth
- Forum Phosphate- swelling, feverish, headache, sore scratchy throat, earaches
- Silica- pus formation, boils, hard glands, sties, fragile nails, tonsil infections
There are tissue salts that have been created today to replicate the same effects of taking the nutrients from the soil and consuming them in your food. These are developed by leading pharmaceutical companies and they are designed for easy absorption. They work with your body to natural produce the desired effects and benefits.
You can’t take tissue salts the same way that you would take a pill, though. You can chew these before swallow them or grind them down to a powder and mix them with water. This allows your body to absorb them properly. You can even find creams that incorporate these salts and allow your body to absorb the nutrients through your skin. Anyone in the family can use them and benefit from them, and there are even special tissue salt sprays made specifically for people who are lactose intolerant. It’s now easier than ever to get the minerals your body needs and to live your healthiest life ever.