This recipe makes a delicious curry that’s healthy and packed with flavour. It’s also really easy to pull off, so anyone can make a warming meal for the entire family.
This recipe serves four to six people and takes 30 minutes to prepare.
- What You’ll Need for the Lentils:
- Two cups of water, filtered
- Four minced garlic cloves
- One chopped white onion
- A quarter cup of coconut oil
- A tablespoon of curry powder
- Five large tomatoes, ripe
- One and half cups of coconut milk, organic
- Two tablespoons of coriander, ground
- One tablespoon of cinnamon powder
- One tablespoon of coconut nectar
- One bunch of washed and chopped parsley
- Two cups of washed and rinsed red lentils
- A dash of pink salt and black pepper
- For the Cauliflower Rice, you will need the following:
- One cauliflower, with the stalk and florets chopped up roughly
- Two tablespoons of coconut oil
- A dash of salt and pepper
- How to Make It:
- To make the lentil curry, you need to melt your coconut oil in a large pan. Cook on medium heat and add in onions and garlic until they become tender. This should take about five minutes.
- Then, add in your tomatoes and allow them to cook for about five additional minutes.
- Next, add in your curry powder, cinnamon, coconut nectar, coconut milk, water and coriander. Mix the lentils and let them cook for ten to fifteen minutes. They should become tender in that time as they soak up the liquid. Stir often as they cook.
- When the lentils have softened, you can add in the parsley, pink salt and the pepper.
For the cauliflower rice, you will need to pulse your cauliflower pieces in a food processer. It should be small enough to look like rice by the time it is done.
Then, fry it up in coconut oil. Cook on a medium heat for around five minutes or however long it takes for the cauliflower to soften.
Finally, use the salt and pepper to season it and serve.
This goes great with a Greek or garden salad.