For a great winter meal, try this Mexican version of the home-cooked favourite roast chicken. This recipe serves four people.
- What You’ll Need
- One chicken, free range
- Half of an onion
- Two garlic cloves
- Three tablespoons of chipotle ranchero salsa
- A tablespoon of butter
- An herb bundle (bay leaf, parsley and thyme)
- How to Make It:
- Stuff the garlic, onion and herbs into the chicken.
- Spread the salsa over your chicken.
- Place the chicken into roasting pan and cook for an hour in the oven at 100°.
- Then, turn the oven up to 150° and cook for an additional hour.
- Next, turn the oven up to 200° and cook for an additional 15 minutes.
- Then, take the chicken out of the oven and melt butter over the top of it.
- Serve with a salad or veggies.
By changing the oven temperature throughout the cooking time, you ensure the chicken is juicy and tender.